The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, January 12, 2005  

BEYOND “HOMELESS”
Any Suggestions?

Granted, I’m not and haven’t been homeless in the strictest sense of the term, but for the last 11 months I’ve relied on the kindness of strangers two good friends for a roof over my head.

Now the time has come for me to move on, to a new place, an apartment of my own, where I will live alone, as has been my custom for most of the past 12 years, the unfortunate two years with, let’s call him “D.P.” (And I didn’t make that up. I really didn’t. L.M. gets the credit.), for double something, notwithstanding.

I’ve been looking for a small place in Center City, broadly defined, and with no luck so far. The housing market, rental and otherwise, is tight just now, and worse, never have I lived in a city so unfriendly to dogs, even one so lovable as Mildred.

It goes without saying that I’m checking all of the usual sources, including the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Philadelphia Weekly, and the Philadelphia City Paper.

Still, I’m convinced there are options not advertised in the usual places, and so I’m asking readers, local or otherwise, for tips or leads regarding appropriate housing opportunities in Center City Philadelphia. Please e-mail your suggestions to me here.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS