The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Sunday, January 16, 2005  

GENEROSITY UNBOUND
Reader Philanthropy & Poll Results

Last week I presented the following question in the weekly reader poll: “Have you made a donation to a non-government relief agency to assist victims of the Asian earthquake and tsunami?”

I was pleased but not surprised to see that 74 percent of readers who participated in the poll said yes, they had made such a contribution, while just 26 percent said they had not.

Since I normally tell readers how I voted when these polls are completed, I’ll just mention that I made two very modest contributions through two separate organizations, Catholic Relief Services and The First Church of Christ, Scientist, Tsunami Relief Fund.

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS