The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Sunday, February 20, 2005  

BUY THAT MAN A BOOK!
Ailes Takes on Bozell
Shall We Stop the Bleeding Before It Starts?
Or Just Stand Back and Watch the Gushers?

Will someone please buy that man a book?

“That man” being blogger Roger Ailes and “a book” being Weapons of Mass Distortion: The Coming Meltdown of the Liberal Media, the latest bilious discharge from L. Brent Bozell, William F. Buckley’s unusually cranky nephew, a nepotistic calling card without which L. Brent these days would be cleaning his uncle’s toilets instead of siphoning funds from the John M. Olin Foundation by way of what L. Brent calls the Media Research Center, a boiler room scam affixed with such grandiose tag lines as “America’s Media Watchdog” and “The Leader in Documenting, Exposing[,] and Neutralizing Liberal Media Bias.”

“The leader”? “The leader,” as in the very best of so crowded a fraudulent field of endeavor? Really. Reed Irvine, please call your office. Reed Irvine. Oh, wait. Never mind. You’re dead.

Now, we don’t want to buy this book for Mr. Ailes because he owns no books nor because he can’t afford to buy his own copy, but instead, because, as Roger says, it’s the principle of the thing. I’ll let Mr. Ailes speak for himself: “I’d rather castrate myself with a rusty spork than spend $25.95 on Bozell. . . . Perhaps a sympathetic employee of Bozell’s publisher, Clown Forum, could send me a review copy before the piles of remainders are sent to a hazmat site for proper disposal. . . . Bozell’s overdue for a bitchslapping, and I’m just the bitch to deliver it.”

I couldn’t agree more.

Come on, readers, let’s do it. Let’s get a copy of Weapons of Mass Distortion into Roger’s hands as soon as possible. I urge you to contact Mr. Ailes to make appropriate arrangements, or, if you prefer, purchase the book from my Amazon.com Wish List (Lots of great stuff there for, um, me. Yes, I’m a magazines nut.) and I will forward the book directly and by overnight shipping to my esteemed colleague.

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS