The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Saturday, February 05, 2005  

JULIAN SANCHEZ WRITES
On the Insufficiently Timely Death of Ayn Rand

Julian Sanchez took justifiable exception to my February 3 post, "Ayn Rand: 100 Years Later; Still Dead," in an e-mail sent here on the same date:

Ironically, "sophomoric crap" is the verbatim phrase I once used to describe Rand's work in one of those "20 Questions" interviews the Crescat Sententia bloggers do [click here]. I wrote up a short bio and precis of one of her books for Cato when I worked there; I scarcely think that puts me in the position of worshipping at her altar or drinking her Kool-Aid or whatever else. For what it's worth, I think she's a bad philosopher and a sometimes-entertaining, if bloated, pop novelist. I didn't realize sycophancy was a prerequisite for pointing potentially[ ]interested readers to information about an author.

Oh boy, is Sanchez going to get letters, or what?

Either way, I apologize for creating the impression Sanchez is an acolyte of the detestable Rand.

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS