The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Tuesday, March 01, 2005  

DRINKING LIBERALLY
Anagramming Likewise

Peter Baker, co-host with Will Weltman of Drinking Liberally, Philadelphia, an intelligent and fun group gathering tonight, Tuesday (as they do every Tuesday), February 1, beginning at 6:00 p.m., at Ten Stone, 21st and South Streets, Philadelphia, writes anagrammatically to remind us:

Richard Santorum = “Anarchism or turd.” [“Rick Santorum” will pull in a few more visitors arriving from internet search engines, and so there it is.]

Mr. Baker had a great anagram last week as well, but I forgot to write it down. If he resends, I’ll be sure to post it.

For what it’s worth, fan club stuff and all, I attended Drinking Liberally last week. I cannot make any promises regarding this evening’s gathering, but I’ll try. Who’s buying?

Have fun anyway. I mean, have fun without me if need be.

[Post-publication addendum: Peter Baker writes to tell me the anagram embedded in last week’s e-mail to members of Drinking Liberally, Philadelphia, was “James Guckert = ‘Scumgate Jerk.’”]

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS