The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Wednesday, March 02, 2005  

ON ANNIVERSARIES & TROUSERS
Making It About Me -- And My Waist Size

Today two readers and good friends, A.F. and H.F. of Daylesford, Victoria (Australia), celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary.

Heartfelt congratulations to A. and H. and their, uh, progeny, Kelly.

It’s funny, or maybe it’s not, to think that I own several pairs of pants that predate the F.s’ marriage.

And I can still wear them.

How many 40-year-old men can say that?

(And yes, my siblings, I’m talking about, among other sets of trousers, the infamous “duck pants,” purchased at Mincer’s, West Main Street, Charlottesville, Va., back when Mincer’s ran a nice store.)

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS