The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Monday, May 16, 2005  

A NEW BLOG ON THE BLOCK
Or Around the Block
And This Old One

Blinq, the Philadelphia Inquirer’s entry into the blogosphere under the direction of reporter Daniel Rubin began operations today. Welcome to the fray, Mr. Rubin and colleagues.

Rubin also has an article about the current state of blogging in today’s Inquirer: “New Blogs Seek Success in Numbers.”

Speaking of Philadelphia blogs, and we were, this old blog, the one you’re reading right now, achieved the ripe old age of three years during my recent hiatus, on April 14, to be exact.

Seems like just yesterday, doesn’t it? Actually, from this side of the screen it really doesn’t. Some days, given the effort required to sustain a respectable site, it feels as though it’s been forever. On other days I wonder how I maintained my sanity before beginning the endeavor. Still different days I think of and thank my readers for visiting, paying a little attention, sending a kind and supportive message, or sending along a gift most appreciated in smoothing out the ups and downs of the life of an aspiring full-time writer. Regardless of how I might feel from one day to the next, I hope all of you will continue to drop by now and again. I wouldn’t have lasted this long without you.

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS