The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Monday, April 10, 2006  

QUOTE OF THE WEEK
Beyond Family

The quote of the week comes from Jeffrey K. Skilling, former chief executive office of bankrupt Enron Corp., in a response from a question posed on direct from his lead defense attorney, Daniel Petrocelli, regarding Mr. Skilling's abrupt, some would say, departure from the Houston-based energy scheme concern in August 2001 (as reported in "Enron's Ex-Chief Says He's 'Absolutely Innocent,'" by Alexei Barrioneuvo and Vikas Bajaj in the New York Times):

Some would say I was obsessed with Enron. It takes a very personal toll. I was tired, I was exhausted, it was emotional exhaustion. I had not spent the time I should have with my family.

Does anyone, outside of Mr. Skilling's immediate family, really believe this?

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS