The Rittenhouse Review

A Philadelphia Journal of Politics, Finance, Ethics, and Culture


Friday, September 29, 2006  

MR. BURNS'S ETHNIC PROBLEMS
First the "Niggers," Then The Guatemalan, and Now This

You know, I bet if you got a few belts into Sen. Conrad Burns (R-Mont.) -- it kind of shows -- he would be pretty likely to call my people, at least those on the paternal side of the family, guineas.

Okay, maybe he would say something like, "EYE-talians," a charming little term I heard a thousand times during my formative and thereafter extended years in Upstate New York and Central Virginia, but it's pretty much the same thing.

[Post-publication addendum: Hey, I just threw Burns's opponent, Democrat Jon Tester, who is running an outstanding campaign, a (very) few bucks. You could do the same, right?]

| HOME |

The Rittenhouse Review | Copyright 2002-2006 | PERMALINK |

CONTACT
BIO & STUFF
PUBLICATION NOTES
LINKS